- Bayonetta 2
- LoreA long time ago, the world was split into 3 realms. Light, dark and chaos. The human world (chaos) was then ruled by Aesir.
Beside Paradiso and Inferno realm, there exists an ambiguous realm between them, called Purgatorio that connects between all the trinity realms.
The 2 clans Lumen sages and Umbra witches have been enforcing the proper passage of light to protect the world. Cereza's mother is an Umbra witch and is an important of Bayonetta's memory.
Bayenetto 2 is presented in present day, where she goes on a shopping spree in New York City during a winter Christmas season with her personal porter.Chatting in a satirical manner with witty dialog in a British accent is all too familiar from the original game.Suddenly, Cereza (aka Bayonetta) then meets up with her Umbrian sister Jeanne.After which, 3 jet fighters suddenly appears and she starts fighting on one of the fighter plane with centaurs and a giant sword guardian while on top of the airplane!Ultimately, her main quest is to journey to Hell and find her witch-friend Jeanne's abducted soul after an untamed beast that she casted sends her sister's soul out of her body sending Jeanne's soul captured due to a known witch's curse.In the journey to hell, in the City of Genesis, she finds a young dreadlocks witch boy named Loki(sidekick), who is plagued with constant headaches frequently and has a liking to Cereza, so he willingly aids in her quest whilst glibing her with his boyish flamboyant talks.Game Play
Get ready to encounter endless battles that are reeling with ancient monsters and huge demi-god bosses.
Unlock challenges by collecting Verse Cards to play in cooperative mode with your friends.More exploration and less overextended boss battles makes this game much better than the original version.You can now buy upgrade items quickly in shops by earning more gold when you play on-line with your friends called the Tag Climax mode.Best part is you can bet Halos that you collect in games to wager who will score better in co-op games.
The Switch version supports online and local wireless 2-player cooperative mode where players bet halos on their performance and work together to amplify their sass, cause destruction, and score some riches.
WsR1BEF7XYYWeaponsWith a huge wide variety of weapons for your gratified purpose, from bazookas, giant scythe, shot guns, chain saws and even bows and arrows. You will be spoiled for choice and eager to obtain them through fastidious means.Importantly, you need to know what's best to equip when encountering certain enemy bosses.You start off with the classic Hand guns and obtain more weapons created by Rodin.As you progress, there are secret weapons that you can obtain to gain more powerful strikes against your foes.Here are the list of weapons.
HistoryHideki Kamiya, the director of the previous game, stayed on as a supervisor for the project.Yusuke Hashimoto, a producer on the original Bayonetta, took over the role of director.BundleThe Special and First Print Editions of Bayonetta 2 were released along with a Wii U port of the original Bayonetta as a bonus addition.The two games can also be bought on the Nintendo eShop with a special discount on one game if the other is purchased on its own.
- Handguns: Beat the game on any difficulty setting to unlock.
- Rakshasa: A pair of swords that absorbed the demon god Rakshasa and were cleansed with Soma. Energy from Rakshasa's chakra flows from the swords into their user, making them easy to handle.
- Scarborough Fair. Buy Super Mirror from The Gates of Hell to Unlock.
- Shuraba: Buy Super Mirror from The Gates of Hell to Unlock.
- Chain Chomp: Complete the game on third climax difficulty setting to acquire Angelic Hymns Gold LP Super Mario 64. You need to get this to The Gates of Hell to receive Chain Chomp.
- Rodin: Beat Rodin to accquire. Allows you to morphs into Angel Arms or Demon Arms. In addition you’ll also have a chance to knock out enemies.
- Umbran Armour: Complete Chapter XIV: The Witch Hunts in Story mode on any difficulty to buy Earrings of Ruin from The Gates of Hell and equip it to get Umbran Armour during Umbran Climax.
- Unforgiven: Guns found by Rosa after having been long sealed away for being used in the betrayal and injury of an Umbran sister. The set is comprised of four individual guns named North, South, East, and West.
- Holy Glaive: A double-bladed staff that separates into two swords with long handles. The exact origin of this weapon is unknown.
- Bare Hands: Rodin's unarmed fighting style.
- Master Sword: The mythical blade wielded by the heroes of Hyrule, those who posses the Spirit of the Hero and Triforce of Courage, to banish great evil. The blade itself can cut down the must powerful of monsters with relative ease. Can only be wielded when Bayonetta or Jeanne is wearing the Hero of Hyrule costume when Shuraba is equipped as the weapon on her hands. She will use it as she wielded Shuraba in the first game, sharing its Wicked Weaves and Charge Modifier.
- Arwing Guns: A set of guns that resemble the Arwing from the Star Fox series, each displaying a plush of the four main characters: Fox, Falco, Peppy and Slippy. Comes complete with energy bullets and the lock-on effect used in the Star Fox games. Can only be wielded when Bayonetta or Jeanne is wearing the Star Mercenary costume when Love Is Blue/All 4 One is equipped as the weapon. She will use them as she wields Love Is Blue normally, sharing their Wicked Weaves and Charge Modifiers.
The Nintentdo Switch special package offers Bayonetta 1 as a free downloadable content via the Switch store.
Related game: Bayonetta 3